Wednesday 16 March 2011

Filling in some blanks

You can thank the lovely @Beckicklesie for this post. She's probably trying to kick me out of my recent blogging doldrums, and I can't say I blame her. I'm a little off my game blog-wise lately, but in my defence, paying work has been keeping me more than busy (and a little dizzy too) and the news has hardly given me material for light-hearted banter.

Anyway, my cyber soul sistah Becca at www.beckicklesie.com has tagged me to join in with the Fill in the Blanks Meme - so here goes...

OK, it's simple. All I have to do is fill in the blanks, trying to be witty and perhaps a little zany, while also trying to impart something deep and meaningful whilst I'm at it.

Perhaps not so simple after all.

I am...

simply me, I don't know how to be anything else. And frankly I don't see why I should pretend. I'm also a trier, that's for sure. I may not always acheive my goals, but I'll certainly give it my best shot. If I could get in a Time Machine to visit my own grave, my epitaph would probably read "She tried her best".

The bravest thing I've ever done...
Probably packing up a well-paid job, my own flat and a comfortable Boho-Yuppy life in the UK in 1989, and heading to Greece in a bid to scratch some kind of indefinable inner itch.
I know that several of my friends thought I was off my rocker (and the way things are here now they probably still do), but I'm not one for regrets. Anyway, though I'm probably financially much poorer for it, I did meet my Soul Mate (a.k.a. the Ovver Arf), so I guess it's a case of "She who dares, wins", eh?

I feel prettiest when...
I'm with people who look at my (a-hem) 'charm, wit and personality' and not my dress size.

My favourite meal is...

I can never answer this question. I love all sorts of good food, so I cannot pick just one. My dream meal, however, would almost certainly end up with my Mum's blackberry & apple crumble with custard.

The way to my heart is...
Make me laugh, but with intelligence and compassion. I'm a great believer in the power of laughter - to make a serious point, to make us think or question authority, to disarm embarrassment, to show warmth or deliver a barbed attack (only on a deserving target, of course).
And of course, never forget, silliness does save lives.

I would like to be...
Rich and famous? Clutching an Oscar statuette and thanking my family for all their support? An accomplished boogey-woogey pianist? Able to wear anything and everything with flair and panache? Bloody brilliant at everything I do?
Realistically, though, I'd settle for being free of the stupid scenarios that play out in my head and keep me from falling asleep the moment my head hits the pillow.


So, now I have to do some tagging - let's see what these lovely people have to say:
@georgygirl64uk at http://ragazza64.blogspot.com
@FifiFluffikins at http://squidpigeons.co.uk
@Bigfashionista at http://big-fashionista.blogspot.com
@SmilingPamela at http://midwifeblogger.blogspot.com
@cosmicgirlie at http://mochabeaniemummy.com

4 comments:

  1. Nice,

    home made custard or canned?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be 100% honest, it doesn't really matter. It's the crumble and Mum's TLC that count.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are really brave to take the first step to move to Greece but also to stick it out and make a success of it. They're forever showing programmes of Brits moving abroad and it's surprising how often people give up and go home when the going gets tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, you know, I felt like I knew all that anyway. Maybe we're long lost twins?

    Plus, I'm a little late off the mark with all of my internet stressage.

    I would definitely like to try your mums apple and blackberry pie crumble though. Tinned custard or not.

    Lova ya cyber soul sistah *smooches*

    Becca xx

    Becca xx

    ReplyDelete